November Wine Club
- Details about our philosophy and core values of the club
Calendar of upcoming events
- Your next pick-up party is November 3rd!
- Pop-up holiday market on November 11th
- Guide to our “GOODONYA Approved” wineries and producers in California. #roadtrip
- We get asked all the time “which winery should I visit on my trip? How do I know they are making GOOD wine?” Well not to worry, we have tasting literally hundreds of wines from California over the past couple years and we are so excited to bring you the ultimate guide to finding organic/biodynamic/natural wine in California
- Have a favorite winery that’s missing from the list? Let us know! We are updating and adding new producer’s weekly 😊
Because it is November and Beaujolais season is among us, I had to give you one for this month’s club. Vignobles Bodillard has been caring for the same vineyard in Morgon for 5 generations with a focus on organic & biodynamic farming. The vines are 20-100 years old depending on the plot, and all harvesting is done exclusively by hand. The Gamay I have selected for this month is a 2017 vintage and I think having a couple years age has given the wine a complexity and finish that really showcases its aging potential and terroir.
On the white & rose side, I’ve selected a chardonnay from La Casaccia in Piedmont, France. I had the pleasure of having dinner with Margarete, their winemaker, in mid-October and tasted through their full offerings. For the club I’ve always tried to select Chardonnay for non-Chardonnay drinkers, I steer away from Chardonnay with a heavy oak influence, because I feel like, we’ve all had that.
This Chardonnay from La Casaccia is bright and fresh, with notes of apple and pear, finishing with a well-structured palate.
Your rose for this month is from a country I have never showcased before in the club, Georgia! Founded by two brothers and a French winemaker, Jos! Wines focuses on creating terroir driven natural wines from one of the oldest winemaking countries in the world. This rose has notes of fresh red berries, florals and mouthwatering minerality.
I hope you enjoy these wines as much as I do!
Wine Club Pick-Up Party
Friday, Nov 3rd
Live Music | Wine Tasting | Small Bites Menu